The DVC working group recommends the following settings for operating in the BrandMeister network in Luxembourg:
You should create a BrandMeister network account, for adjusting personal settings. Adjust the following settings in Selfcare:
- APRS SSID 5
- Select an icon.
- Select your radio brand (transcoding of messages).
- Put your first name in the APRS text field.
The following static talkgroups are present on LARU repeaters (these talkgroups are present permanently):
- Timeslot 1 (TS1): TG 270 (LX), TG 9 (local)
- Timeslot 2 (TS2): TG 9 (local), reflectors (no permanent default reflector)
Dynamic talkgroups can be activated on both timeslots in the BrandMeister network. This makes it possible to activate all existing talkgroups temporarily on a certain timeslot (e.g TG 262, Germany). Existing talkgroups can be looked up here. Aktivated talkgrups will be automatically unlinked after 15 miutes of inactivity.
The LARU recommends:
- Timeslot 1 (TS 1) for national QSO's (TG 270 and TG 9)
- Timeslot 2 (TS 2) for international (dynamic talkgroups) and national QSO's (TG 9).
- should be activated preferentially on timeslot 2 (TS 2).
- If the timeslot 2 (TS 2) is occupied they can also be activated on timeslot 1 (TS 1).
Reflectors exist on timeslot 2 (TS 2). These are present for backwards compatibility with other networks.