The DVC working group recommends the following settings for operating in the BrandMeister network in Luxembourg:
You should create a BrandMeister network account, for adjusting personal settings. Adjust the following settings in Selfcare:
- APRS SSID 5
- Select an icon.
- Select your radio brand (transcoding of messages).
- Put your first name in the APRS text field.
The following static talkgroups are present on LARU repeaters (these talkgroups are present permanently):
|Timeslot 1 (TS1)||Timeslot 2 (TS2)|
|TG 270||Luxemburg||TG 9||local|
|TG 2707||LX LARU|
Depending on the location of the repeater, additional static talkgroups are present on timeslot 1 (TS1) geschaltet:
|Timeslot 1 (TS1)||Repeater|
|TG 2701||LX South||LX0DMX|
|TG 2702||LX North||LX0NSR|
|TG 2703||LX Center||LX0DMR|
Dynamic talkgroups can be activated on both timeslots in the BrandMeister network. This makes it possible to activate all existing talkgroups temporarily on a certain timeslot (e.g TG 262, Germany). Existing talkgroups can be looked up here. Aktivated talkgrups will be automatically unlinked after 15 miutes of inactivity.
The LARU recommends:
- Timeslot 1 (TS 1) for national QSO's (TG 270, TG270x and TG 9)
- Timeslot 2 (TS 2) for international (dynamic talkgroups) and national QSO's (TG 9).
- should be activated preferentially on timeslot 2 (TS 2).
- If a timeslot is busy, the other one can be used.
Reflectors exist on timeslot 2 (TS 2). These are present for backwards compatibility with other networks. A permanent reflector should not be linked on timeslot 2 (TS 2)