Currently the LARU operates 6 fixed DMR (digital mobile radio) repeaters in Luxembourg. The coverage of 2 of our repeaters (LX0FSK and LX0DMR) could be improved significantly with new QTH's. The valley of Larochette now has coverage in DMR by the repeater LX0LARO. We are also experimenting with frequency-sharing.
The interconnected LARU repeaters form a modern network for digital voice communications. The interconnection is achieved within the BrandMeister-network. Advantages of the LARU BM DMR network are:
- Exclusive application of the mode DMR (digital mobile radio), avoiding conflicts with other modes on the same repeater.
- Double channel capacity because of two available timeslots.
- Possibility of roaming by the enduser, eliminating the manual switching between repeaters.
- Easy operation because of flexible talkgroups.
- Worldwide availability by more than 3800 repeaters within the Brandmeister network (October 2019).
It is planned to improve the network in the near future. More about the LARU BM DMR network can be found in the category On The Air / DMR.